QUAL RESEARCH VENUE
AREA OF THE QUALITATIVE RESEARCH ROOM
The qualitative research room has been designed in order to ensure maximum comfort for moderators, respondents and research analysts.
- focus research room 27 m2
- viewing room 23 m2
- separate interpreter’s booth 4m2
- kitchen facilities
EQUIPMENT OF THE QUALITATIVE RESEARCH ROOM
The modern, air-conditioned interior of an old Art Nouveau tenement house provides the respondents with a relaxed atmosphere for discussion and the ability to control the lighting and the source of image and sound directly from the moderator’s desk ensures great comfort for the researcher’s work.
- large table for 10 people
- screen and a multimedia projector
- controlled ceiling and wall lightening
- speakers, controlled source of sound
- 2 cameras
- TV LCD 37’’
- DVD player
EQUIPMENT OF THE VIEWING ROOM
When we designed our viewing room, we tried to understand how the people watching and analysing discussions in the focus research room for many hours would feel.
- 4 workplaces with Internet access
- large one-way mirror, 220×115 mm
- TV LCD 37’’
- broadcasting discussions over the Internet
- controlling the audio tracks – original, with interpretation
We have a separate room for simultaneous interpreters. Thanks to that, the interpretation of the respondents’ discussions can be performed on the spot and it does not disturb other participants.
- independent room for simultaneous interpretations
- selection of the audio track in the viewing room
- recording both language versions to a DVD
- broadcasting discussions over the Internet (videostreaming)
The qualitative research room is located in the very centre of Katowice –the capital of the Province of Silesia and the Silesian Metropolis. Reaching us takes 5 minutes from the railway station.